some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Saturday, January 01, 2005
Happy New Year!
We have stepped into 2005,may it be a good year for everyone =)
Never really liked New Year's eve,perhaps due to unhappy memories attached to the day some years back. Last night wasn't all too bad,going by the unpleasant meter.
Definitely thanks to Wendy and Gabriel,my conspirators last night haha. You guys are great,really enjoyed your company. A big big hug and THANK YOU!
Not many people at Suntec,definitely more over at the Esplanade. More cuties to check out too haha. So glad we managed to avoid the spray cans,the aftermath of the night still stuck to the concrete pavements.
Starting to wonder if I'm the type of gal who dates and dumps. Well,I wouldn't normally do it but if that's the way to shake off a persistent suitor,I wouldn't hesitate to do so. Shan't go into the details of the night and the not-too-nice way I behaved,suffice it to know that I wasn't too kind. Call me a mean gal but hey,if you know it's a bad situation you have on hand,get out of it. Fast. You don't even need a lesson from Sex and the City to know this. I just love Carrie Bradshaw,imagining her to be my alter ego haha. Oh well,Carrie will just call some guys "The Man with No Soul",how very true,they seriously do exist >.<". At the same time they can be so dense as to not see the huge incompatibility between two persons. If this is the case, then it certainly warrants some extreme measures to bring them back to earth and to give it up.
Being in the media line,one would have seen and learnt how to handle many types of people. I'm not an expert but I do fine enough. Perhaps the poor chap just didn't know who he was dealing with. I do feel a little bad but not exactly regretful. Don't want to waste each other's time,there's simply no room on my agenda.
In the meantime,it's back to my SATC dvds and yes,there's still my FYP interim report to complete by Monday =(