some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Wednesday, January 05, 2005
I'm starting a new relationship.
With a pair of new white slip-ons.
Finally bought a new pair today at Charles & Keith after the demise of my beloved old pair four days ago. Couldn't find the same model,much as I would like to. As in every good relationship that lasted,you would still tend to think and miss the old even while you are holding the new one in your hands.
The saying goes that if you have got a good pair of shoes on your feet,they will bring you to many good places. Not too sure how true that is but my old slip-ons accompanied me to many many places,including Thailand and Japan. It was like a trusted partner who gave me lots of liberties to act freely and be myself (basically sitting cross-legged and not needing to act lady,haha). It was always there when I needed it like on a lazy day (almost everyday) or even on a rare skirt day.
Until one of its straps broke. I was mortified. Not because it broke in public,luckily somewhere near home but simply because there were no signs that we, the perfect couple was about to be a duo no more. Yes,it was old but surely it didn't have to give up on me like that. And now it's getting me all paranoid about similar endings with my other affairs >.<"
I admit I am not into monogamy when it comes to shoe relationships. Flats,pumps,strappy heels,trainers etc,I've got them stacked up in the shoe cupboard. And I believe I'm not the only one out there. What's with women and their shoe fetish? Buying shoes that don't quite fit, shoes that you know hurt like crazy but still look so good on your feet you can't resist,or getting those fantastic shoes that come with an equally fantastic price tag. There are so many shoe trials we go through just to find the perfect one. Ultimately,is it just another form of relationship that we are seeking out there?
Think I'm driving my close friends crazy during my mourning period so I shall try to get accustomed to my new pair real soon. To all out there,be nice to your shoes and they will treat you well. Err,okay you can still bite them first if you are worried about them biting you!
hee.. you're rite gal! u almost drive me crazy about ur r/ship with ur charles & keith slip ons!! my baby blue charles & keith hates me so much, kept making me slip and fall! *blue black* haiz..