some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Tuesday, February 08, 2005
Met Siewlin today. Hehe,we had a fun time catching up @CoffeeBean then walked all around WestMall. Finally caught on some of the CNY festive mood in the air cuz the place was so crowded with last minute frenzied shoppers! Then as usual, CNY songs were blaring from shop to shop.
Siewlin finally passed me the photos that we took while catching memories of our last days of internship at Mediacorp. It has been a year. Time flies. As I look at the photos now, can’t help but think back rather wistfully.
To the times when we had to be on our feet everyday during the reporting stint. How Jeremy and I can’t wait to go on assignments all the time, beats staying in the office dissecting press releases and doing telephone interviews. How we would go down to the Ministry of Home Affairs on most mornings to hear the day’s crime stories, having fun during work with ASPs Chua Chee Wai and Rachel, then going to the Balestier coffeeshop nearby for breakfast when there are no big cases. Ok,we weren’t slacking, we were hungry haha. The times we covered fires, break-ins, murder cases and stayed out in the hot sun all day. Or when it rained while both of us were chasing 4-D uncles for the casino story, how we sought shelter and ate lunch together at the Tanjong Pagar railway station. Yeah,we hated being told to go out and do reax stories and collect voxpops. But what to do, interns get all the shitty work. Will never forget how I had to stand at the heart of Orchard Road outside Centrepoint to catch and interview people. Damn freaky. Or following ministers around, hoping a golden quote will fall out from their mouths. Or attending medical or defence press conferences where they talk about stuff so abstract you can’t digest and you eye the yummy cocktails instead, eagerly awaiting for reception time to come haha. One regret was probably how Jeremy got to cover the Nicoll Highway case while I couldn’t cuz I went over to the editors’ desk. But won’t complain too much, at least at editors’ desk, I get to watch telly while I worked heh. Watched Euro2004 matches in the wee hours so that the sports bulletin can go on air at 6am. Very happy cuz my house didn’t subscribe to ESPN Sports haha. But at that time if I heard any more news about bird flu,militia fighting in Iraq or elections, I thought I’d scream. >.<”
It was a tough internship but it was also a wonderful learning experience. MediaCorp was where we called home for 6months. And life there certainly left many memories, both stressful ones and fun ones. We froze some memories of the place in time. Thought I’ll share some of them here.
MediaCorp poster girls!
Me, Elvie & Jeremy at the recording studio
The CNA van that took us all around S’pore on our assignments
Esther and I in front of the radio newsroom, she’s my all-time reliable voiceover babe
The famous Mona Lisa made up of bread from one of the President Star Charity shows
Siewlin, Elvie & I with DJ Mary from 933
Okay,gotta get ready for reunion dinner. Unofficial birthday today so got an early birthday celebration later too heh heh.