some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Monday, February 07, 2005
Jiahui said she was feeling better on MSN last night so I figure it means we’ve made up. Yay :) I dunno, everything took place so fast, quite strange, quite scary. Like a tornado that blew me off my feet before I could react. Still feel a little afraid of tripping over her wires. They read: High voltage. **zing** Kinda afraid of getting burnt again,sigh... Think girl with hair gone hay-wired and smoke from her head, that’s me x_X"
Supposed to head down to school today but last minute had to be home cuz I needed the Cstar program on my computer to translate my questionnaire. Apparently the school’s Cstar program can only read but can’t type, sheesh… Worse, after I vetted and sent out the emails to recruit interviewers then supe wants to change the dates and timings. So I had to recall all of them. #$#%@&#!% In a super bad mood by the time evening came. Then was told to excavate more information on efficacy and government control to beef up my darn report. What rotten luck.
Come to think about it, I pretty much don’t care what others think about me. I have got people telling me that I’m very "tao" aka cold and stuck up. But hey,I don’t live to please anyone. **shrugs** But I do care about what the people I love think of me. Maybe it comes with an expectation that they know who the real you is. But when there’s a glitch somewhere sometimes, it leaves you unsure as hell. The mirror blurs up and you desperately look around for some assurance. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. I guess sometimes even if you are strong, you still need someone to give you a hug, to tell you that you are not a bad person after all and all things bad that happen aint really because of you… **Hugs myself now**
Received an email from Zhiming today. A birthday cum CNY greeting. His CNY cards, be it physical or virtual, are always very bright, very cheery with big headed dolls and loud music haha. It was a nice sweet surprise. It brought a smile to my face despite the heavy workload I’m facing. Thank you. It meant a lot really.
Kelvin and I engaged in a nice corny MSN chat in the afternoon after I roped him in to help me with my interviews. Long time didn’t chat since good ol’ ICQ days. It’s amazing how some things don’t seem to change. The camaraderie built over time shows from the comfortable banter that we can always exchange regarding anything under the sun. Yes, all these despite me wanting to kick him in the shin every time he teases me or keep asking whether Harold and him got chance or not >.<" Crazy. But yeah he said he would help me spread the word around NUS for my interviews, given his sphere of influence in the halls haha. I’m crossing all ten fingers and toes but won’t get my hopes up yet.
Meeting Siewlin tomorrow if nothing goes wrong. Haven't seen her in a while. I'm stuck in my lab while she's stuck in the audio suite. Miss her so much.
kelvin.. as in Mr Tey?? *wonder if he is on my msn list* hahaha >.<" forgot le
anywayz, to "spoil the fun a little", we got u a bday gift le!! ^-^V must cherish it a lot k? 2 poor fallin-sick gals hunted hi & lo for it -.- lallala..
Thanks for the hug and for getting me a gift. Sorry our gang can only meet some time later next month cuz v busy ah. Will be looking forward to it though :)