some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Monday, March 07, 2005
Weiling asked me if I have regrets about doing the research project.
In the things I do,I like to think of them this way: Never regret. If it’s good,it’s wonderful. If it’s bad,it’s experience.
There are many decisions we make in life. In fact,we are probably subconsciously making all sorts of decisions everyday. To some extent they may change the direction in life for us.
But after making a decision, we should just move on. Sometimes we turn back and smile to ourselves,giving ourselves a pat on the shoulder for the wise move made. Sometimes we turn back and start to ask ourselves “what if at that time I had…”.
There are no “what ifs” in life.
Yes,my fyp is not the turning out the best way it should be. Some people probably lost faith in our project. It hurts and we have wavered before ourselves,lost and discouraged. But we fight on. With less than a month to go,I’ve come to see that it is in the process of doing this fyp that I’ve learnt a lot. Things that would benefit me in time to come. It speaks volumes of who I am. That I’m not someone who just wants to stay in my comfort zone and not try something new. Perhaps it was a mistake to take the daring leap into the unknown, putting my grades at stake. Most people would know my nature as not being a very grade conscious person,that what I pursue goes beyond grades. So I wouldn’t really say I regret what I’ve done. I don’t think my group members would really say they regret the decision too. From it,we shall take away many memories and lessons that have been accumulated in the past six months. Now,it would be a decision for me to make if I’m going to exchange these memories and lessons for anything else.
Even if i'm the last man standing,so be it. But i wish you can stand by me.