some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Wednesday, April 27, 2005
Since we did not exactly get our hopes up,I guess we could say the moderation went better than expected. Our presentation was suitably short and concise. We managed to field all of the statistical questions very well too. I think we have impressed our moderators with the overall understanding of our research project. Can heave a big sigh of relief.
Zhiyun,thanks for cheering me up last night when I was a bundle of nerves. Your quiz results are so odd and funny heh! I was almost convinced my best friend had been kidnapped by aliens :p
Here is a group photo taken after the moderation,for remembrance sake.
Me and my fyp group mates
You cannot see it from the photo but I was actually wearing a skirt! First time I wore a skirt to school in 4 years. But for the formality of the event. Like my happy supervisor said at the end of our presentation,our 4 years in CS has officially come to an end with the conclusion of fyp. Looking back on the long education journey that we have taken,things almost seem surreal. We have made it thus far and I think we can proudly say to ourselves that we have done well. No matter what lies ahead in the future,I am sure we will be able to face up to the challenge.