some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Friday, April 15, 2005
Met Siewlin in the afternoon and had dinner together. We went ‘business shopping’ as she wanted to look at suits and shoes. Stepping into the world of work sure calls for a big investment. To look like the role,that is. But I love my jeans and tees. Hanging on to them for as long as I can. Most peeps are looking for a job now. I believe a large part of it has to do with peer pressure and for some,financial pressure. NTU Career Hub has been flooding my mailbox with tons of job-related emails for the past few months. Maybe that’s why Singapore has a stressful environment. Before you are done with your studies you are already one foot into the work world. I didn’t know people like work so much hah. Does jumping the gun guarantee you an advantage? If so,why is happy-go-lucky me taking things easy? I must be abnormal. Then again,I’ve been working part-time and studying for the whole of my university life,surely it is time to step back and assess my options now.
And yes,one of them might be teaching.
Don’t give me the disbelieving look when I say I am considering teaching. Don’t scoff and go cynical,thinking it’s all because of the pay (which I still don’t think is attractive anyway *shrugs*). Why does teaching always have to be associated with pay? Just because of a few black sheep and teaching becomes a severely underrated job. I’ve always thought teaching is a nice profession. And I still do.
I’ve pursued my interest till now but I realize it is not enough. It doesn’t satisfy me and I know deep inside there is a void that still needs to be filled. When ambition falls out of your own standards,what comes next appears to be a calling. Somehow I don’t want it to be about ME ME ME. There is so much of me I want to give away. But I’m looking for the right way to do it.
Until then,looks like I am a sheep too. A lost one. Baa baaa……