some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Sunday, May 29, 2005
Back after a blog hibernation period heh.
Came back to SG on Friday for those who wonder where I am now. Feels really really hot back here. Climatic changes don’t make me feel good. :(
Went out with Xiuzi and Meiyi yesterday. The Great Singapore Sale is on now. How nice hehe,as if to welcome me back. We went to PS then later TSC,entering any boutique that looks nice cuz most of them have sales anyway. Queues at changing rooms were surprising quite okay. Esprit,Mango and Zara not on the sales bandwagon yet though. Probably in mid-June since they have new stocks now. Xiuzi contributed a lot to the SG economy with her pretty new Guess sandals and Levi’s jeans. Don't worry babe,you can turn them into worthy investment pieces. Start thinking in terms of cost per wear haha. Didn't know their square cut jeans have a name,hers is Eve. Okay,I shall start naming my jeans too! We had lots of fun,walking down the streets of Orchard,shopping till shops close. But the crowd was amazing even after 1030. I like!! Missed night shopping when I was in Aust.
Touristy photos of my Taiwan trip are up at my Multiply site. The photos turned out pretty decent I must say,can sell to Taiwan tourism promotion board. Taiwan has lots of attractions despite her short history. Some are natural ones like the Taroko Gorge or man-made ones like Taipei 101. Would have snapped more pictures if it hadn’t been raining half the time.
Have promised to tell some tales here. Lets see what are the memorable happenings I can still recall. Let’s take it slow.
Day 1: On board China Airlines (which is Taiwan’s SQ,not from China as many of us think). Our pilot has this raspy voice, a bit like Darth Vader’s,and he sounds real creepy when he announces “10 thousand feet” during take-off and landing. Xiuzi and I had fun imitating him. For someone who doesn’t like plane food,it was surprisingly good! But I suspect they have a lack of Coke. And serving Chinese tea on board? First time I came across hehe.
I mentioned earlier that one of our tour members whom we met at the briefing looks a lot like my friend. Well she is!! Haha,see,no two persons can look really alike. So we had a mini reunion in Taipei. She’s with her boyfriend and her mum. Kinda weird combi then they share a room too. Think our Taiwanese tour guide mistook them as a mum with a son and daughter.
Headed down to Xi Men Ding after check-in into hotel. Imagine,shopping on first day. Luggage already expanding so soon. But like I said,shopping is ex there so not much damage done.
On the first night of our stay in Howard Hotel (which is 5star by the way), there was a blackout in our room. The cause is still ahem…unknown though we could be suspects haha. Meiyi and I were using the hairdryer before it took place and the device started dismantling itself. Fixed it back then we tried to use again. In the meantime,Xiuzi was playing with the controls and switches at the bedside table. So maybe we combined forces to trip the circuit or something haha. Not that we are going to admit it to the staff of course. Spent some time in darkness before they got the lights working again. What a first night.