some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Saturday, August 20, 2005
Should a couple keep certain things from each other in a relationship?
That was something Qiyun and I talked about a while earlier (considered last night now). Thanks gal for meeting me so late at night,glad to catch up after so long. Somehow after talking to you,the knot within me is still not fully untied and it is still bugging me...sort of...Though it's our common friend and I know you are somehow a little involved on your part earlier but still I don't want you to get involved lest you get stuck in a sticky situtation too k...
If your other half has something sensitive that he thinks would be better if you do not know about it,would you want him to keep it from you? What if you should get to know of it from a third party one day? Would it be a good thing or bad?
Don’t think too much. I’m not the one in the relationship. I’m that unfortunate third party who was the bearer of a piece of information. Unknowingly though,in case you start thinking I’m a big blabbermouth. Something so simple and casual but yet had such a twist to it beyond my imagination. Sigh…trust me,I feel awful. Have you ever been in this situation? Maybe you would understand if you had.
What if their relationship as a result took on a drastic turn? If it haven’t already… …
While I would most likely be found innocent even if tried in court,it doesn’t make me feel a lot better. It’s like you may not have killed the man but you have unintentionally provided the weapon that dealt the blow. Maybe it’s the fact that I did it without any malicious intent that makes me even guiltier. For somehow I can’t allow myself to “go scot-free” simply by saying I really didn’t know there were so many intrigues going on behind the scenes when I said it. It seems like there are these two conflicting persons talking inside my head,clamouring to be heard over the din. One says it’s ok,it’s not your fault. But the other comes with a rebuttal that hey you gotta make amends for goofing up even though you didn’t mean it. So I find myself listening to the second voice but yet it lands me nowhere. I'm still at a loss.
For while I have clarified the issue with the girl (yes,I decided to do something about it), and still hope there is something more I can do, I know there really isn’t much I can do. Because after all relationship problems can only be handled by the two parties involved. I certainly don’t want to butt into anyone’s relationship problems too. It is really a tricky affair and I would rather stay miles away from it. Yet this strange sense of guilt seems likely to continue gnawing inside me if I don’t see this settled. Is what I can do only to hope things will turn out to be fine? Sigh…feel so useless. How do you find peace within yourself at a time like this?
I had hoped blogging it out would make me feel better. Urks…maybe a little but the wall still looks damn inviting for me to go bang my head against it. :(
hye bern.. are u ok? what happened? the scenario u plot out is rather confusing..pop me an email if u need extra listening ear ya.... hugs.. hope that things work out ok.... HUGS HUGS
yep dear,i'm ok,just the occasional bugger problem that pops out from nowhere and you wish it would go away.
the entry was just meant to sort out some thoughts,so guess it would be confusing to others. quite bad,like make you guys read my rambling thoughts hor...but it's ok,don't read too much into it yah...HUGS back
dear gal, dun worrie about that incident liao...it's not your fault at all cos you didn't know mah...:) perhaps, as the saying goes, zi shi bao bu zhu huo...even if X doesn't tell Y, Y will one day eventually find out...so, we'll juz let the two of them work things out...