some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Sunday, October 02, 2005
I love weekends...the once a week outing is always something worth anticipating. Nothing fancy needed, just a good movie and a drink can make me very happy.
corpse bride! ::: vodkatini
See,just the right ingredients to relax and enjoy :)
Had previously wanted to attend a seminar with a classmate yesterday but it totally slipped out of my mind...until I was reminded of it on Friday after new plans were made. Arrr...so I had to make a choice between friends and fun versus knowledge and insights. In the end I chose the former. Guess it's a follow-your-heart kind of thing. The appeal of the former is greater. Tsk,I'm so lacking in intellectual interests I feel so shallow at times haha. But heck, I'll cut myself some slack because I just need to feed on some short-term enjoyment to survive mucking through the truckload of work in the week ahead. *pouts and throws pillows at whoever opposes me*
I enjoyed Corpse Bride lots,it was good. I could watch it for a couple more times hehe. The soundtrack is nice too. T'was worth the wait, April Snow is up next!
There was good company yesterday. Some of us met for dinner.
mini jc group outing
gerald ::: dinner @breeks *smiles* ::: wendy&kelv
Anyway,the jc guys are stuck at 18 yrs of age or so they professed to be. We gals on the other hand,appear to have taken a quantum leap off into time and have grown to be more mature now. At least I feel we act our age. So grow up people and catch up with us soon.
The working gals like Mich and Zhiyun seem exhausted. Too tired to even let their hair down and have fun. *shakes head and wags finger* No good,no good.
Wendy dearie doted on me as usual,a gal after my own heart haha. Lets see...for knowing what time to turn up for meetings lol,for introducing me to delish choc overload at gelare,for letting me have my seat in the restaurant,for chilling out with me in the night. Glad you enjoyed yourself,I know I did!