some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Wednesday, October 26, 2005
It's my last class for the semester today.
I can't believe a semester has gone by just like that *poof*
WOW
Do you remember the time when I just started on this course? I recall blogging about it! My,it seems like only yesterday. Hmm,we are always complaining that the school holidays are so short, but when you think about it,the school term is actually really short too!
Anyway,like a good student would,I went for every friggin' lesson,5 days a week. Yeah,there are only 3 crazy full-timers taking all 5 modules this sem, poor us. God knows how many times I have been tempted to skip classes haha.
A lot of things taught in the course are new to me and I can't help but start to realise how ignorant I've been all this while. So like a sponge,I started to absorb new information and knowledge. I'm learning a lot and I wish I can learn more sometimes. But yeah,a year is all I've got.
Perhaps what make the lessons tolerable and the days fly by, are the people I have come to know and love. My classmates and lecturers are a really wonderful bunch of people. I think I have gotten so used to seeing them almost everyday that it would probably feel strange when we break for the hols.
Silly me kind of wistfully hope time will slow down because I know it won't be long before I have to leave this group of people behind. Sometimes I'll tell myself maybe it is better to be a little detached,so that parting ways would be made easier next time. Especially when I know I'll get all sentimental and sad later on. But somehow that resolution never seems to work out, so I continue to put myself out there to experience all the happiness and sadness that might come along. Because I've decided that the amount of joy I will get far outweighs the sadness at the end of the day. Only when you have experienced all there is to experience without holding back, that's when all the sadness will seem worthwhile.