some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Monday, October 03, 2005
They always say the start is the most difficult part of any process.
Done with my draft introduction for the dissertation. So happy I can weep for joy. *goes around hugging people* And I think I’ve more or less secured a supervisor. A professor who seems very knowledgeable and authoritative. He’s teaching the MA in public admin program and would be the lecturer for my third core module next sem. Stress… Kinda apprehensive but ok lah,not quivering in fear yet heh. I can’t match a face to his name though I vaguely recall he was present during my fac orientation. Crossing fingers that we will hit it off when we meet on Friday for discussion. Definitely want to get off on the right foot. If prof accepts my ideas,chances are I can finally get working on the diss proper.
Gotta work on the manuscript for my former FYP paper now, for publication in an NYC book. Looking back at the paper, it seems like only yesterday when we’ve slogged through the nights and completed it. But yes,it was 6 months ago. It seems strange going back to it now, or like what Chin Wee says, our nightmare is back to haunt us. Suddenly it struck me that the past six months have been spent rather fulfilling. Like I’ve continued studying and there isn’t exactly a gap anywhere in time. It seems almost natural. Yet six months ago I wouldn’t have guessed this is the route I would have taken. Sometimes life is really amazing.