some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Saturday, December 31, 2005
Had a nice night out with Gerald earlier. We did what we do best – dinner and movie. :) Went down to Marina Square. Like FINALLY yay. Been thinking of exploring the place since its revamp and ‘explore’ we sure did. Walked around the place and ended up back at square one near the entrance. Lol, and it wasn’t even planned because we got lost. >.<" Oh my, it was so funny how we got lost in there, Gerald said he felt like those characters in a Chinese ghost movie where you keep getting stuck in the same place trying to find your way out. Haha,I guess we are just really lousy with directions. But walking around was fun since I got to see that they have quite a variety of nice shops and boutiques there. Definitely worth another trip back when I have the time, mood and moolah to shop. I guess a lot of it is novelty, like this Chinese restaurant called Dian Xiao Er that looks pretty interesting,with so many people waiting for a table. We wanted to try Carl’s Jr but the place was so packed too. I suppose we’ll just have to try their supersized burgers another time.
Caught The Chronicles of Narnia. Wasn’t too spectacular but not all that dull either,give it maybe three popcorns? And for all the Christian inclinations that the show has, which Gerald explained to me (courtesy of Kelvin), I’m sure I wouldn’t quite have drawn the inferences on my own. Like whatever happened to plain childhood fantasies?? I certainly wasn’t reading so much into the show heh. Oh,just heard from Xiuzi that she was down at Suntec watching the show just now too. And she had wanted to watch it at Marina originally! Haha,we missed each other babe. ;) Yawns,ok hope everyone else had a good time too,time for bed now!