some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Sunday, December 18, 2005
Random updates!
Friday: Jiahui’s back! Ooh lala. For good this round. Met the babe for coffee, looking good still with a healthy tan from Cairns. Welcome back babe,hope you’ll orientate yourself back to sgp’s environment (and ahem,home environment) soon yah. ;)
Saturday afternoon: Attended a talk at the Meritus Mandarin. Wai Meng and I thought we would be running late but turned out we were so darn early because we forgot about the usual one hr of socializing before the talk. Hung around, stuffed our faces with pretty little appetizers and caught up with some peers. Dr Tsai Ying-wen’s talk on cross-straits relations was one of the better ones so far. Hate going for seminars and then leaving feeling like it was a total waste of my time. Then accompanied the gal to get some stuff from Tangs. The shopper crowd at Orchard is oh-so-terrifying. Pssst,there’s now midnight shopping at Taka too. :)
Saturday night: Mahjong session with the legion gals! Crash course in learning about the ‘pengs’ and the ‘chis’, the ‘shuos’ and the ‘tongs’ and all the ‘huas’ plus ‘da pais’. Mind-boggling stuff to me o_O. Hahaha but it was so fun when you’ve got good coaches. Yay,so I’m a beginner at mahjong now (but only teeny bit of beginner’s luck boohoo) and I think I’m a little addicted. *smacks forehead*
Now: Stuck working on the dissertation. Feeling irritated and mad at myself now because I have no idea where the klutz in me has left the thumbdrive. Combed every inch of my room but still can’t find it! Grrrr. Suspecting I might have lost it at the school library tho I am pretty sure I had dumped it in my bag before leaving. Great. Now I have an excuse to go approach the cutie at the photocopying corner again. Wah,like what kind of a pick-up line would that be??? Damn bimbotic lah =X
Week ahead: Forecasting that it’s going to be one busy week. Of meeting people, parties and running last minute errands. Such a load of fun hehe. Now if I can only get some work out of the way. Must focus. Focus. FOCUS.
when will i c u again... so many plans so many activities.. n i only hv shifts and work lined up -_- tok about hols depression.. lol enjoy ur hols gal.. zy