some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Thursday, January 12, 2006
Another rainy day. Met Siewlin in the evening,the girl is on MC today but still came out to pass me the vcd. Awww,the touching things friends do. Muacks,muacks,muacks. Thanks sweetie.
Positively dislike going to the Nanyang Exec Centre for lessons. Tucked away in such a secluded part of Ntu. There’s nowhere nearby to buy dinner on a cold wet day like today. Peyyng and I had to eat our food ration of Khong Guan biscuits before class while we waited for Wai Meng who popped up half an hour later with our Subway. And we had to tahan till about 830 for break time to eat because lecture was so draggy and boring with 250 freaking ppt slides. Peyyng spent the whole lesson scribbling her rainy day prose on her lecture pad. Sounds like something I would do right haha but no okay,I was there contemplating which Chinese leader I wanted to write about for my assignment. Geek alert mode in class. 8)
Then there was something about handphones today.
Was talking to my prof before class and suddenly my hp ringtone rang out since I have yet to silence it. And it played out for like really long cuz I was at the lecturer’s desk and my seat was way up on the last row. Thank goodness I am not using some corny ringtone haha. So everyone got to enjoy some music instead. Teeheehee,and who was it huh? ;) Jiahui loh,stuck in the evening jam. Nice surprise though hehe. Sorry ah dearie,couldn’t talk for long,next time I entertain you during jams with smses k. ;)
And just now I spent half an hour talking on the phone with Alice regarding the research paper, i.e. BEFORE I realized it is my hp that I am holding in my hand! And I conclude Sony Ericsson’s phones are quite good because you don’t even feel that it is warm after some time,unlike Nokia’s. But that means no warning on how long you have been blabbering into the phone. The next bill that comes along is not going to look good.
heh heh. so sorry i disturbed u. i was getting restless on the bus and the first name that popped into my head was yours. heh he. didnt know you were at lessons.. grin