some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Sunday, January 22, 2006
Sunday came and went by.
Went to recce my classmate’s condo in the afternoon for the upcoming CNY gathering that we are trying to organize. Nice place, tucked away at West Coast, about 3 stops after Ginza Plaza. Took a bus and went pass RV. I have not been in the area for the past 7 years. Place is under heavy construction now, a mass of concrete and iron. I thought I would feel something. But I didn’t. I guess when physical things are long gone, what matter more are the intangible memories and ties that you bring away with you.
Besides my own memories,there were the Memoirs of a Geisha too. Have to say I didn’t enjoy the show very much,at least not after reading the book. Think it has to do with the pace of it all. It didn’t feel right. I felt like I was hurried along the plot just so that I could see the ending. When certain stories are played out on the big screen, the essence just seems to get lost. Some details were wrong too,much to my irritation. Like how come the Jap minister became an American?? Still do not like how it ends. Give me a tragic ending instead. Not too much fault found with the acting but true deep emotions were still quite lacking. Gong Li was quite power though. Chatting with Andreas on msn now. Glad he managed to watch the show tonight too since I couldn’t join him. The man likes Gong Li too haha.
Ok,so I've tried to have some fun today. I can still imagine hearing Qiyun telling me to find back my life after our late night meeting on Friday haha. It’s door-knocking week starting from tomorrow. Tell me why I am so not looking forward to it. Sigh. :(