some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Friday, January 06, 2006
I’m so excited now! Ok,it is like 3am in the morning and it is not quite normal to be excited at this time. But I am sooooo excited!
Because I have just found a scale to measure one of my variables! Yes,it is only like one out of about eight other variables but this one is so crucial that it has to be really good in order to work. And the find was made all the more joyful, because it came after a disheartening discussion earlier in the night with Alice over some of the many many problems that I am facing with my research. The sweetheart is my research mate from the last FYP and I think only she can stand listening to me rattle about problems with scales, validity and sampling. I’ve just sms-ed the girl to inform her of the good news tho' she is probably in dreamland now. I know she will be so happy for me too.
Elation.
I can only thank the one up there whom I'm sure was looking out for me as usual.
To add to the joy, I came across another study that concluded the definition of the leading concept in an almost similar fashion to mine! I was so surprised. It has been a nightmare trying to reach an operational definition for the concept. I have been working on it for ages, refining and re-refining it before I could decide that it seems reasonable enough. And now it is like I have someone who thinks similarly and is telling me that I wasn’t trying to conceive something inconceivable.
It is so unbelievable.
I think I am still in a state of shock and disbelief now.