some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Today is a special day! Happy Birthday Meiyi and Ying jie! One turn 24, the other turns 15 heh... Yep,it never fails to remind me how ‘old’ I am every time I speak to Ying jie. Almost 10 years older,whoooooh. But she is such an adorable soul, and from her I can see the fresh promise of life that youth brings along with it. All that energy and the eagerness to grow up, the passion to do something big and to live life with a big bang. Of course there’s also the uncertainty when faced with choices like which school to go to, what course to take etc, and a time when boys either mean everything or they mean nothing. Sometimes I wonder if I envy her or if I’m just glad I am past that teenage stage in life heh. For us people who are getting older, well I guess we are truly ‘experienced’ in that sense and lets just all age graciously haha.
It’s also Easter today, attended mass with Andreas, his first Catholic mass since he’s Protestant. Hope it was a nice experience for him and all. There was this very enthusiastic Indian parishioner beside him who seemed to be kinda emotional when we got to the sign of the peace part haha. A very nice and simple homily today on the true meaning of the resurrection in our lives. Something to reflect upon. I miss the nice old Easter hymns we used to sing. These days the choir is always experimenting with some new songs that have such difficult tunes to follow. But okay, they had one of my favorite songs tonight so I am one happy girl. And the dark skies this evening parted miraculously, bringing with it only a slight drizzle. I’m sure Michelle is happy too since we didn’t have to get drenched on our way to church. I guess the crossing of fingers and praying on msn that we did in the afternoon helped haha.
It’s still one cold night people. Stay warm physically and in the heart. :)