some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Had the last class of this semester yesterday. Realised it is the last one I would be having for this course too. So I’m basically done with lessons, have submitted my thesis final draft to the internal examiner for assessment and I’m now left with three term papers to write and one exam to sit for. If everything goes well, I should be able to graduate in June or July (crosses all ten fingers and toes).
It has been one busy yet fun-filled year where I had learnt so much and met so many nice new people. But all good things must come to an eventual end. Some friends will be leaving S’pore back for their country while I will also have to start looking for new directions in my life. It all seems really unreal still. Maybe I have not prepared myself sufficiently as of now, for the farewells and the reality that I won’t be returning to classes after the holidays like how we are so used to in our bachelor years. And as usual the sappy nostalgic feelings start finding their way to my heart again. I know I am so going to miss all this. Yes,I am even feeling sad that very soon I won’t have any more papers to write. Omg. Omg. What will I do without this ‘hobby’ of mine that I find so much challenge and satisfaction in? I need to find a new hobby. Maybe it will be something called W-O-R-K. -_- ""