some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Saturday, May 13, 2006
It was a night filled with camaraderie warmth along with a tinge of nostalgia as my batch held a dinner party earlier at Highwood to say our farewells to two of our classmates. The event went really successfully and I think we all had fun. Food, drinks, karaoke sing-a-longs, speeches, birthday cake etc… lots of activities lined up. If my batch is not so good at studying, we are certainly very good at organizing fun stuff. Am also glad they like the gift we had for them. My many nights of page designing cum a bit of e-scrapping was worth it. Like memories, wanted to give them something money cannot buy and they can take away with them.
Feeling kind of sad that my two good friends from the course are leaving. In fact Andreas is flying in about 10 hrs time. Leaving him to enjoy a last quiet night at graduate hall after we exchanged some sms-es. Don’t want to feel sad myself before sleeping too. Which I know I shouldn’t cuz it is just a short goodbye and he will most likely be back in July for the convo. Besides he gave me his number in Beijing, told me again to get Skype (which is not v likely since I not getting webcam) then there’s good ol’ msn and all, so we are going to be keeping in contact still. Then Sui-lung leaving in June, another sad sad thing I try not to think about. :(
As much as people these days are flying here and there, for work or migrating elsewhere, and it is really common, but it is still not so for me. Besides my sis, only one or two friends had gone overseas. I always believe it is actually more difficult for the person who gets left behind than the one who goes away. When you have gotten used to having people by your side or being just a phonecall away, miles across the seas seems a pretty big thing. While the other person gets to experience new things, you are left to carry on with your normal routine. So it is a time where you have to learn how to start living your days with new motivations, new spirits and new commitments. After going through it once or twice before, I would say the process is hard but you come out of it with new perspectives and become a stronger person.
But I guess coping with farewells is still something that silly me has a lot of learning to do. I tell myself the world is only this big and you can hop onto a plane any time actually. And along the way there will be opportunities to meet up too. I find I am very good at convincing myself to think positive. That’s the way to go gal. No feel sad, no sad, no sad…