some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Thursday, May 04, 2006
I’m back, folks! Zy has been calling me an energizer bunny these days. We were attempting to set the Guinness book records for the longest phone conversation lol. Then gotta feed her with latest news in return for vcds. (Zy: Don't forget my vcd!!! :p) Heh, guess it is natural to be chirpy and cheery since it is the HOLIDAYS now! Hip hip hooray! Have got activities lined up for the entire week ahead, it is going to be so much fun hehe. Then gotta clear my messy room,store away all my notes. Gotta pack my suitcase next weekend too.
Last few days were busy busy,spent getting the term paper completed and getting my thesis hard bound,then submitted it yesterday (finally!) to collect dust on the library shelves haha. Tho’ my prof was saying usually those from the first batch gets flipped a bit more by juniors. Oops,how very embarrassing, all the weird stats findings that I got. Hmm,maybe 10 years later I’ll go back and see if the pages are falling out already haha. Anyway I made one for my own keeping.
Back then, us poseurs at the ACRC library with our fake theses haha.
The real thing this time! (^_^)v
With the submission, it means time to get down to finding a job. To get into the mood,I went to do some serious shopping for stuff that I have been putting off for the longest time. Mum going to start nagging soon. But yup, finally went to look for my work pants since I will probably need for my immersion trip. Good start to get me to say goodbye to my everyday jeans lifestyle soon,sobz sobz. Need to do some adjustments there.
Heard recommendations for gg<5 designs (but I think the price is very ex so no-no) then heard from Meiyi that Southhaven has quite nice ones too. In the end…I got from g2000 haha. Since West Mall has a branch mah, very convenient. Considering how I can be a fussypot,I was happy to find the designs that I like there hehe. And the sizing there fits pretty well too. Wooo,must tell Michelle I will be her fellow fan-of-g2000 next time hehe. Then to up my intellectual image a notch, I finally went to make a pair of black nerdy plastic rimmed spectacles, which according to the guy at the optician can bring me from corporate boardroom meetings to funky pubbing night outs. Lol,so good huh. Ey,but I think I still prefer my contacts haha.
Funny corny conversation snippet of the day:
Z: Where shall we go tomorrow? B: Dunno, must save money, cannot shop Z: Window shop loh B: But I am already window shopping as it is Z: Is it? B: Ya, Microsoft Window shopping! kekeke
Hehehe, so sorry for my corny-ness. But yeah,sitting in front of the comp everyday for the past several months means online shopping is the only way to get some shopping therapy. Good for catching up on trends and to prevent yourself going mad from work. Anyway, I’ve got myself a gift project to do for the next two weeks or so, which means I’ll still be seeing people online I guess. Some part-time work and tuition work may also be knocking on my doors,hmm shall see how to deal with them. Okay,don’t envy me too much people muahahaha. It’s only for a short while that I shall be having the ultimate holiday lifestyle. Live it up guys! ;)