

Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.


Saturday, May 13, 2006
Feeling really tired today after going out for a whole week. Must be getting old, don’t like to move around too much. It’s a pleasure to just stay home and be a couch potato, clearing my one week’s worth of vcr programmes.
Nothing better to do now so shall recap some of the stuff that I did since haven't had time to blog for a while back there. Been a wonderful week of meeting people and going broke as a result of eating out so much. =X Came to see that food per se is not expensive but it is the service charge, GST and all that really adds up. But yup, there are some meals to treat - birthday treats, farewell treats, thank you treats etc - so money has been put aside. And above all,meeting for dinner is some times really just an excuse for people to get together and catch up. Had to do so before I go on hols next week. Glad I managed to schedule most people for the past week, guess gotta meet the rest in June.
Sun: School luncheon at Nanyang Orchard Exec Centre. Turned out that only most of the 1st intake peeps went,2nd intake kinda MIA again. Met Sui-lung's wife who's in town from Taiwan! Woooo,and I actually mistook her for the tour guide cuz we had a tour briefing after the makan,how embarrassing haha. Anyway she will really be a guide if all of us are going Taiwan and finding lobang there heh. I think so far already 4 friends said they are going in the next half a year. Aiyah,I want to go too but no moolah to go again after just a year. Maybe next time will just concentrate on Taipei itself,though I like Hualien too. After which,also attended a seminar,the third event packed into the agenda. Basically considered a full day school in the hols and on a weekend too. How no life right haha but ok,nerd here enjoyed it. :)
Mon: Had lunch with Jiahui (chilling by the pool needs to be rescheduled hehe) then dinner with the JC gals to celebrate Seowting’s birthday at Suntec. Monday night clique outing feels almost like a Friday, only the poor gals gotta work the next day. Luckily Seowting did not get drunk or how to wake up at 6am the next day haha. Jas couldn’t join us,still feeling quite bad that she had to miss it cuz of work. Hope she doesn’t feel left out. Someone else organize the next outing please. :p
Tues: Had dinner with Andreas at Hol V. We’ve been wanting to go there together for ages but were always too busy so we decided die die must hang out there once before he goes back. Had a late night chat afterward over drinks where we shared our plans for the future. Hope he gets the job he is applying for, I know he is really keen on it. Glad our prof has given him a glowing recommendation letter. Was offered one but still thinking if I am going to need it since there doesn’t seem to be any really interesting jobs at the moment.
Wed: Had dinner with Alice and Jamaliah at Riverside Indonesian Restaurant (Meiyi’s recommendation!). The food was quite good and we ate a lot a lot. We were so stuffed that we went for a night walk. Visited the Meidi-ya supermarket at Liang Court cuz we wanted to see if it is anything like the supermarkets in Japan. But booo,it wasn’t really jappy although it was quite big. Then we took a walk along Clarke Quay. The place looks really cool, I’m sure Jiahui will agree haha. Didn’t see the Moroccan pub she mentioned but they all look very interesting hehe. Start making plans to go there and explore. So exciting when you find 'new' spots to visit in boring S’pore, must venture into new turf.
Thur: Sushi dinner with Siewlin and Alvin at our fave Sakae. The outlet at WM has been renovated till it looks pretty posh. At the end of dinner when we counted the plates, we realized to our horror that our eating capacity has shrunk. All become small eaters already haha. Lurve the fresh supplies of news I get from them. So many things have been happening! I wonder where I've been in the past half a year haha, the aftereffects from being buried in books. Then we went to watch Poseidon cuz there were no other shows to watch. Manz, where are the movies these days? And drats, why does DaVinci Code have to open on the day I fly? Grrrrr. So I am giving free movie treat for people who wants to watch it with me in June when I am back haha, assuming everyone has watched it by then. Sigh. Oh,and silly me sms-ed Meiyi and Xiuzi at night, thinking they are back from HK but oops turned out to be the next day! Saw Xiuzi’s pics on her blog, with mickey and minnie no doubt hehe. The gals had fun, think they bought a lot too! Wah....
Fri: Class dinner at Highwood. The place is so obvious from the road but so difficult to find once you are in there, just like Gillman Heights. Cabby got lost but the nice uncle did not charge me for the rounds that he made. Many cool joints there but definitely need a vehicle to go. Ok,have blogged the details yday. But forgot to mention that Kok Kuan came too heh. Hope he didnt feel too extra haha. Ok,see some pics then. Not many cuz too busy having fun.

blocked! ::: gal gang
sharing stories ::: table crowd

the share-a-car folks ::: bottoms up
speech time ::: gift presentation moment

best buddies ::: the Taiwan guys
3 diffferent nationalities ::: Kok Kuan + yummy cake
Yup,so that was my fun-filled week recounted. Of happy times shared with people I love. If only everyday can be like this hehe. Must see more of each other yah when I am back. Next few days will be busy too with last minute stuff to do,then gotta pack luggage and read up for my trip.
P.S.: Not mad anymore. Apparently peacemaking efforts worked. ;) But guess I can't stay angry for long, at least I think it is very tiring to stay mad at someone or to bear a grudge. I would rather use the energy elsewhere.
indulging my senses|11:57 PM 2 comments
yes yes! put me in for trips to clarke quay!
By
liz, at
10:12 PM GMT+8
haha,set. we can go in june when chunhong's back yah. ;)
By
bernadette, at
1:46 AM GMT+8








