some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Friday, June 02, 2006
Back from my trip! Hope everyone has been well for the past 2 weeks. :) Still feeling a little displaced to be back in sgp. It’s like you left your world for a short while and return to it,only to see it in a different light. Suddenly the people and things around you look really modern. You realize you have taken a lot of things for granted as time passes. Need some adjustment here.
The trip was good, the weather in May especially is so good over there. It is like how hot here,simply terrible. Did not have a culture shock or anything since I was in Yunnan earlier this year. As usual,you find that China is developing fast tho it is still like M’sia 20 years ago according to a friend. The pace of development varies too as I got to see in Chengdu and Nanchang. You really have to see to know and believe. Even though they are cities,most of the people still lead pretty simple lives. If nothing else, the trip taught us to see China with an open mind and a thankful heart and how we should not judge her with our own standards. As for myself, I guess the trip not only let me see China but to feel China as well. The pulse of life there, the rich culture, as well as her complicated political and economic landscape. To a large extent I must say that many of us are not ready for the rising giant. I know I am not and I’m still learning along the way. In fact we learnt some ‘survival’ skills the hard way there but I think it only made it more real and heartfelt. I’m glad for the exposure and contacts made in the course of this trip and the lessons taken away from the experience are invaluable.
Although it wasn’t exactly a very high profile visit, through Ntu’s contacts we were able to meet with government officials on the provincial and city level and also private enterprises and universities. While there were some blips here and there, I am glad everything went smoothly on the whole. Love the company too,we had fun outside our official visits like going out at night for drinks and shopping. I think 12 days together have revealed something about each of us. Some good,some bad,some heartwarming,some scandalous lol. We have also displayed our unity as Singaporeans on some occasions and we are proud to identify ourselves as one.
Am starting to miss those days as I am writing this now. Sigh. Lots of things to do. Have not finished unpacking yet. But feeling at a loss for things to do. Caught the DaVinci Code yday with Zy and Huijuan. It was kinda disappointing. The book is so so much better. But love Audrey Tautou in the show,so pretty. Okay,will get down to sorting out my pics and upload some. Check back later yah. :)