some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Friday, June 09, 2006
Attended my new course’s orientation yesterday. Highly stressed now. No prize for guessing I am the youngest in this batch again. Groans. And everyone just seems so corporate. Maybe because most folks are in the public sector and it was after work in the evening. Then maybe because it was not an orientation in the fun sense but more like a talk in the conference room with the Dean and all. Luckily I already knew Yanling and Meipoh from last time, then we found good chemistry with another 2 gals and 2 guys, such that we could ‘clique’ off pretty fast hehe. Anyway,I suspect I have the lowest Chinese standard in the class because everyone can speak so well! There’s even like a Chinese broadcaster in the class. I seriously need to start studying the Chinese dictionary from cover to cover. Manz,I don’t have the slightest confidence of doing this well. :(
Course still seems very interesting to me though the venue for the China phase has been changed to Guangdong instead of Beijing because the faculty found 广外 to be better than 北外 in terms of academic program and staff. Looks like I can hop down to HK every weekend haha tho’ the timetable there is a total nightmare with lessons starting from 8am everyday. Intensive cramming for two months. Not to mention freezing there in winter. Thought it would be better than in Beijing until I heard they do not have heaters in Guangdong. Madness. How many layers to bundle yourself in like that?!
Overall,even after the orientation I’m still undecided if I should take up the course or get a proper perm job. Can’t possibly commit to a job while doing the course. And all you guys are working,making me feel bad for bumming around these days haha. Should I indulge myself just once more or say goodbye to studies? Guess I still gotta weigh several factors and ponder over it some more before the registration later this month.
if it is wat u are interested in.. go for it! will support u all the way! maybe we need to feel around before we find our own niche.. something we like.. but isnt it flooding at guangdong these days? will miss u if u leave.. but u'll be back! hugs..
hmm,life choices r so difficult to make at times. yeah,i'm still feeling around,also waiting for a sign or something haha. nice to know there r pple behind u tho,thanks dear ;)