some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
I have been attending the Monday classes held by my previous course since school started for them this semester. No special reason,only because the module interests me and it is a good way to catch up with friends too. Considering how I am not paying school fees,I am just glad the lecturer hasn’t booted me out of the room. But then again,it’s a nice professor we are talking about here. :)
Many people will tell me to look for a bf in school but I always jokingly tell them that there are just no young and good-looking guys in class hehe. Turned out that there’s this pretty cute guy from the new 3rd intake and one other guy who is less cute but so well-built he looks like a hunky lifeguard. Everyone knows that guys check out ladies on every possible occasion but hey the ladies do it too. And the extent of which can be quite appalling haha. It’s like all the girls go on man alert mode and start sizing him up, with designated ‘spies’ to go sniff out juicy info.
Since I was a little out of the loop,everyone was supplying me with the lowdown on the newly-found subject of interest in class. I was quite amused when I hear them excitedly chattering about how cute he is and sharing info like how old he is, what he is doing currently, and most importantly whether he is single. A friend said she has taken a ride from him in his car and everyone went “oohhhhh,no wonder you know so much haha”. Then everyone started suggesting eligible matches for this hot catch. Suddenly you are being questioned if you are interested and then encouraged to go for it. Like huh? Mr Handsome is some sort of a commodity up for auction?? I wonder if he has heard about how we are checking him out haha. Too bad, the interest as of now is still minimal and they aint exactly adding extra motivation for me to head down to Ntu on Monday evenings haha. Nonetheless, having some eye candies in class never hurt. ;)
On a sidenote, since Wm knew I was going for the class on Monday (told her the day before that I was rushing an asgn and may have to give it a miss), she went and bought our group a choc cake from awfullyChocolate. Lovely act from the sweetheart. It was really nice and light,just like the good ol’ Lana cakes. Yum yums. Choc-lovers can go give it a try yah. ;)