some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Friday, August 25, 2006
Met my project mates in town again this evening. Second time this week. We are seriously very hardworking people hehe. Tiring for them I guess since it’s after work and all. I’m not complaining though,I always have a lot of fun with Yanling and Jody. And it’s interesting considering we are of different ages. Ok,I’m not talking about really big gaps here,just like a difference of 3-8 years. I guess it is because we are at different stages in life that certain differences exist,be it in terms of outlook or lifestyle habits. Some say such differences tend to be more obvious for girls than guys as we get out into society and work. But really,I think we are all the same underneath. We accept each other because we know ‘we were once like this’ or ‘we could be like that one day’. And that is how people come together and fit so perfectly together.
Many of my classmates will often remind me of how envious they are of this thing I have called youth. Following which,they somehow enjoy having me guess their age. But they don’t realize I am also looking at them and thinking how thankful and glad I would be if I were half as beautiful as them 10 years down the road. In fact if we realize it,we tend to understate people’s ages these days. It’s like everyone’s looking younger! Can’t quite feel happy anymore these days even when someone thinks you are 19 or 20 haha.
But after being in contact with ladies of most ages,I can safely say it is true that beauty no matter how important it may be to us,will not withstand the test of time if we do not have the personality to match it. There many wonderful ladies around me and I think they are all beautiful in their own special way. You will never be old because of your age or your looks but because of your personality. So smile like a child would,skip like a child would,and laugh like a child would. Be young from the inside out. And the best thing is, it shows.