some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Met the church peeps over dinner on Fri night. Hemisphere café was quite a nice joint, food wasn’t all that good but it served well for a simple get-together. Everyone seemed kinda quiet that night though, and I thought I have not associated them with the term quiet before. Maybe it’s because Shirlene and Lawrence were not around making merry with funny jokes while I can just sit back. But I guess I can display the funnyman persona every now and then. Doesn’t matter if I am silly or anything as long as everyone has a good time. Hmm,and the JB peeps swore I got high on chocolate the other day. Which is of course a myth because you need to eat a huge qty approx 25lbs in one sitting to feel any noticeable effect. Ha,so there folks :p Then again maybe I am just getting used to having loud, crazy people around me these days haha,so sitting still makes me restless.
Actually there are lots of things we can get used to. We can get used to drinking the same brand of coffee, doing the same work day in and day out, tuning in to the tv at a certain time, having a phonecall from someone every night. Likewise we can get used to someone not being around in our lives either though we may once tell ourselves it is impossible. It is all a matter of routine and given time,such routines can actually be broken. Maybe once in a while we will start missing a certain routine but just as we are doing so, new routines are forming themselves to be part of our lives. Who was the one who said change is the only constant in life? Therefore the more receptive we are to changes, the better we can handle situations thrown at us. After all, to adapt for survival is probably one of the best gifts left to us by our forefathers in the process of evolution.