some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Thursday, September 28, 2006
I’m not exactly sure since when, but from a certain point in time, I started to dislike using the phone. My house phone bill is probably really low and every time the phone rings I’m 90% sure the call isn’t for me. As a result I can actually talk rather little these days. I’m not sure if that’s considered normal or abnormal. Not that I’ve lost my tongue or anything but I just really have nothing much to say over the phone. I wonder if I have used up my lifetime quota of phone talk-time way back when I was young. Seldom engage in heart-to-heart phone talks nowadays but there do exist memorable counts.
These days my overseas friends are like active promoters of Skype,ahem,the good and cost effective way to chat. Since I don’t skype,my overseas friends will ask if they can use Skype to call me. Very cute actually,they don’t just call but they will first ask “May I call you?”. But they are pretty much resigned to the fact that I don’t enjoy talking over the phone and since I’m online half the time they know where to find me. Like Andreas is getting used to the idea too,even learning how to appreciate all my Msn smileys,which he calls BLI or body language indicators. Guess I have trained my fingers to do the talking, like how I’m often exceeding my sms limit but having a lot of leftover talk-time.
Maybe it’s because the phone appears to be associated with unhappy things, unhappy me. How many times have we heard the line “Call me if you wish to talk”? But the more I hear it, the more I shrink away from the phone. Do I really want to talk? Maybe not. It is probably just my style to sit in the corner and lick my wounds whilst trying to slowly pick myself up. Or pretty much wait for the nasties in life to go away and quit bugging me. After all,to me everything that happens in life is just a phase.
But I am grateful for the times when I am lost or tired of shouldering everything by myself and come to you. You ask me why I have waited so long. I don’t know. I’m sorry, I think it is just me. But you take me in like a kitten drenched in the rain, you give me warmth and tell me everything will be fine. For behind every strong person there is a voice that gets lost in the quest to seek a path out for oneself. Yet in every voice that is lost, perhaps there is a soul that still longs to be heard.
And once in a blue moon when someone from your past sends you a message, maybe for a while there we thought of each other, maybe for a while there what we shared in the past doesn’t seem so distant anymore, maybe for a while there you find back that feeling you thought you had lost. It’s a precious fleeting moment because after that we will be back to normal,like how we always do.