some dreams live on in time forever
those dreams,you want with all your heart
and i will do whatever it takes
follow through with the promise i made
put it all on the line
what i hoped for at last would be mine
if i could reach,higher
just for one moment touch the sky
from that one moment in my life
i am gonna be stronger
know that i have tried my very best
i would put my spirit to the test
if i could reach
some days are meant to be remembered
those days we rise above the stars
so i will go the distance this time
seeing more the higher i climb
that the more i believe
all the more that this dream would be mine
"reach" by gloria estefan & diane warren
hitting the highnotes
a simple girl in a big big world
Seldom,very seldom does complete truth belong to any human disclosure; seldom can it happen that something is not a little disguised,or a little mistaken.
- Jane Austen, Emma
Talking much about oneself can also be a means to conceal oneself.
- Friedrich Nietzsche
sounding the rhythmof life
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
It is one thing to ask for opinions, another to ask for help.
I never thought I would need to think about drawing a distinction between the two. But a recent incident made me realize there is a difference to me. And it made me see what a tyrant I can be.
Why do I say so? Well,if you ask for my opinions,I can give them to you but you need not have to accept them. But if you ask for my help you better appreciate it enough to at least try and follow what I say.
In order not to scare you my dear reader, let me give a mild pseudo example. Say if you ask me what you think you should wear, I can tell you to consider going for off-shoulder tops so as not to waste your beautiful sculptured shoulders. But after which, you can of course choose to get a turtleneck if you like. They don’t call it two cents worth of opinion for nothing you know.
However if you get me to go to the store,pick out an attire for you to wear and I buy it, then you are going to need to think twice about shoving that outfit into the closet where it might never see the daylight again, and wearing one that looks all wrong instead. Because I am not really going to be very happy about that.
Hmm,okay,not so mild maybe? Haha,told you I am a tyrant. Shrek the ogre would be proud of himself.
But c’mon if you don’t need help you wouldn’t be asking for it in the first place. And at the risk of sounding like the most unhelpful person on earth, seriously I don’t dish out help like hors d’oeuvres at a party either. So why do you have to turn around and make me feel like heck, if you do not bother then why on earth should I be concerning myself over it? Maybe it is that indignation that you asked yet you were being totally inconsiderate and wasting my time. But more so about you than myself, I think it is the feeling that there is pretty much nothing I can do if someone doesn’t help himself.
And so I should wash my hands out of it right? Just mind my own business. So why do I feel unhappy? Why do I feel like I cannot talk to you or I might just end up strangling you?
You told me the most important thing at the end of the day is to submit a work that you can rightly say is the best you have done because we are only accountable to ourselves. I only wish you can stand by this belief all the way. You can fail me but please, not yourself.
Really dislike it sometimes when friends affect my mood. The downside to having too many friends? Perhaps. And I don’t want to pretend in front of you like nothing is wrong and everything is absolutely fine. Like how a friend once phrased our unfortunate candid personality: If it’s shit we give you shit,we don’t try to package it nicely first before giving it to you. So love us or hate us. Sometimes I just wish I could care less. But when you know you can be happy or angry with a person, it just means the person still means a lot to you.